Superior Court Department 5
Judge: Honorable Shelly K. Speir
Elected / Appointed: January 9, 2017
- Seattle University School of Law, WA J.D.
- University of Alaska, Anchorage M.A.T.
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, B.F.A.
- November 8, 2016 Elected to Pierce County Superior Court Dept. 5
- 2000 – 2016 Shareholder, Troup, Christnacht, Ladenburg, McKasy, Durkin & Speir, Inc., P.S.
- 2000 Session Attorney, Senate Republican Caucus
- 1998 – 2000 Owner, Speir Law Office
- 1997 – 2014 Owner/Partner, Fraser Robinson Speir
- 1997 – 1999 Adjunct Professor, Tacoma Community College and Pierce College
- 1992 – 1994 Public School Teacher, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1989 – 1992 Assistant School Director, Alaska Dance Theatre
- 1988-1989 Soloist, Utah Ballet
Professional Affiliations, Committees
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Washington State Bar Association
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters 2012 – 2016
- Top Attorneys in Washington, Seattle Met Magazine 2012 – 2016
- Nominee for Community Service Award, Washington State Association for Justice, 2008
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, Thomson Reuters 2007
- Nominee for Jefferson Award, Seattle Post Intelligencer 1997
- “Class Act” Environmental Challenge Award 1994
- American Association of University Women
- Gig Harbor Super Business Group
- Lakewood United
- Mary Bridge Foundation Festival of Trees fundraiser, 2005-2016
- National Women’s Political Caucus
- Women’s Intergenerational Living Legacy Organization (WILLO), founding member
- Presenter at numerous continuing legal education seminars 2001 - 2015