- Preparedness Monthly Newsletter
- Sign your neighborhood up for PC-NET today!
- PC NET Brochure, share with friends and family
- Preparedness Academy - Disaster First Aid; Citizen Corps EOC volunteer; Psychological First Aid.
About the PC-NET Program
Pierce County Neighborhood Emergency Teams (PC-NET) provides neighbors with the knowledge and tools necessary to work together for an effective response following emergencies and disasters. Professional responders will not be available to assist you after a major disaster—you become the first responder. If individuals and their neighbors are prepared to mutually assist one another, lives can be saved and property can be spared. This program teaches neighborhoods how to respond to disasters through a variety of training modules taught by your local PC-NET coordinators, local emergency responders, and your appointed neighborhood block coordinator(s).
Neighborhoods interested in starting a PC-NET will begin with the training that will be introduced at your neighborhood meeting
and can choose their level of participation. PC -NET is sponsored by Pierce County Department of Emergency Management and is free of charge.
- Overview of PC-NET
- Team Development
- Gather Neighborhood Supplies
- Neighborhood Response and Fire/9-1-1 Safety
The Preparedness Academy offers position specific training for the eight disaster response team positions. Team members who receive this training will be better equipped to fulfill the duties their disaster response team is responsible for.
- Neighborhood Functional Drill: Participate in a neighborhood drill.